What do you say we make some beneficial changes for the upcoming year?
1) You might have noticed the section of the blog called "Bare It." Mrs. G. is frequently told by readers they miss the anonymity of the Women's Colony. If you have something you would like to share, but not on your blog, submit it to Mrs. G. and she will publish it. We all need a spot where we can let our hair down, anonymously or not.
2) Mrs. G. is going to try once more to summon the fortitude to create a blog roll, Derfs Unite (Check it out. We have one up already). She would like to include photos of you so others readers have a better sense of who you are. You do not have to have a blog to be included. Please attach a few lines about yourself or your blog and (optional) a 1" x 1" photo of yourself or your business logo and send it in an email attachment to mrs dot ggggggggggggggg at gmail dot com. Mrs. G. can not edit your photos -- 1" x 1" only! Due to the hard ass nature of this chore, all links and photos must be in by December 29th (unless your Alison, who is out of town and without proper network access). I'm being a hard ass on this one so we can actually have a blogroll...if it lingers, I tend to wander off from it.
3) A derf garage sale/bartering system/pay it forward opportunity. You can also see it on the upper bar under "Good Stuff." If you have something you want to sell (bargain prices, please), pass on for good karma or trade for another item, this will be the place to do it. Mrs. G. has wanted to do this for a long time, but she was worried about dishonesty and the logistics. She thinks she has a system in place that will keep things on the up and up, plus we are by and large an honest bunch. If you don't have a history on the blog, you won't be allowed to participate. Mrs. G. is sorry for this but Derfwad Manor is a community more than Mrs. G's personal blog. All submissions will have to go through Mrs. G. You can send them (and photos) to mrs dot ggggggggggggggg at gmail dot com
4) Every three months, Mrs. G. wants to attempt a fundraiser for the women's cause of our choice. Every buck counts and she is convinced that such a regular offering will benefit us all. We can choose to give what we can (or not), knowing none of us are made out of money.
5) Mrs. G. would like to put together a Washington beach house gathering in September of this upcoming year. She knows Washington isn't an ideal spot for everyone but we have have to start somewhere and then we can bounce around. She will have details by February.
6) Please stop by now and again to the Derf Assist List. Some readers have legitimate questions and concerns and are seeking your thoughts and opinions.
As always, thanks for reading.